Let's Get It Done!
Let's get it done! states my commitment to the people of Smithfield. I will seek citizen input and involvement, listen closely, investigate issues thoroughly, work hard, and exercise sound judgement.
My hope is that the love that I have for our community will be evident by my record of service throughout the years. My determination is to work even harder to make Smithfield a great hometown for the generations yet to come.
The election is Tuesday, November 5, 2013. All precincts will vote at the Civic Center (Armory).
I appreciate your support and vote and the opportunity to represent the good people of Smithfield. -Jeff
He is a man who believes in following the laws and ordinances of the city as they relate to decisions that affect all of us.
He is easy to communicate with and will listen when opposing views are expressed to help make a better decision.
- Michael E. Paskett
Jeffry R. Gittins
- Lifelong resident of Smithfield. Smithfield has been the home of Jeff's family for 7 generations.
- Married Lynda Ashcroft 1974. Seven children, 12 grandchildren.
- Started own successful dairy and farm operation. Understands sound business practices.
- Selected as "Utah's Young Farmer of the Year" in 1989 by the Utah Young Farmer and Rancher Association.
- Won "Utah's Spokesperson for Agriculture" competition in 1990. Competed at National Young Farmer and Rancher Convention.
- Driving force for pressurized irrigation systems.
- Board member of Smithfield Irrigation Company for 35 years. President since 1990.
- Organized Summit Creek Distribution System and has been chairman since inception in 1991.
- Smithfield City Councilmember 1998 - 2003. Elected by Council to serve as Mayor Pro Tem.
- Conceived and helped create Heritage Park, trail, and memorial benches.
- Fulfilled assignment to get Smithfield history book published and distributed.
- Started ESL classes in Smithfield.
- Advised and worked with the Health Days committees.
- Worked with City Youth Council and Boy Scouts.
- Led a successful citizens effort to change Smithfield's form of government from manager form to a six-member council.
- Currently serves on Historical Society.
- Has been involved with Church and City Emergency Preparedness.
- County and State Republican Delegate.
- Leadership in LDS Church including serving as Bishop 2002 - 2007.